Along with this, to simplify the web development process, there are several well-supported tools such as Laravel and Eclipse, which helps to integrate different functionalities effortlessly. If you are planning to hire a PHP developer, make sure that a developer is an expert in several tools.
Must Known PHP Development Tools
Eclipse is a widely used integrated development environment (IDE), which helps to develop large and complex PHP web apps. This tool supports several major operating systems including Windows, Linux, and macOS. It offers several features such as code navigation, code assist, code navigation, and code template. Along with this, it is based on open source and supportive by the huge community.
NetBeans is an integrated development environment (IDE) for Java. This PHP tool is written in Java programming language. With Netbeans PHP tool, developers can build the PHP based website or web app with a set of modular software components called modules. Supports several content management systems (CMS) – WordPress, CakePHP, Symfony, and Zend.
- Enable to run on Windows, macOS, Linux, and Solaris platforms
- Available in 28 languages
- Apache License 2.0
- Offers source code editor and debugger
- Open Source
PHPStorm is a standard PHP development tool, which is based on lightweight and robust characteristics. This tool is developed by Jetbrains, which is enabled to run on several platforms including Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. It also offers developers to integrate with databases, remote deployment, command-line tools, and version control systems.
- Features - Code completion, Code re-arranger, and Code re-arranger.
- Supports several extension and plugins
- Offers live editing feature to the developers
- License: Commercial proprietary software
- Mostly used for commercial and cross-platform purposes.
This tool is widely used for web applications, it helps to develop websites faster. Aptana Studio supports several platforms such as Windows, Linux, Mac OS X. Developers can also complete testing process with this tool. Provides command-line interface and debugger.
- Features - Supports the latest HTML5 specifications and IDE Customization.
- Built-in terminal and inbuilt PHP Server
- Supports Git Integration, DOM, and CSS
- License: Dual License; Aptana Public License
- Offers code formatting and Auto indexing
Zend Studio is considered one of the best and powerful PHP tools. It helps to write and debug code effortlessly, which attracts many developers to this tool. This tool offers intuitive user interface and the latest features based on modern technologies.
- Developed by: Zend Technologies
- License: Proprietary
- Programming language: Java
These are the best PHP development tools that every developer should know. To leverage all the benefits of PHP partner with the PHP development company. The above-mentioned tools help to simplify the web development process as they have their own specific functionalities to develop robust and high functional website and web apps.
Resource Article:- Best PHP development Tools
PHP 5 vs PHP 7 difference
Best PHP Framework
how to hire a web developer